Homemade Portillo's Chopped Salad
. bacon crumbled
. Diced chicken breast
· 1 head iceberg lettuce
· 1 – 2 heads Romaine lettuce, depending on size
· 1 small head red cabbage, minced or 1 bag sliced red cabbage, chopped
· 1 small red onion, finely minced
· 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
· 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
· 2 c. ditalini pasta, cooked and cooled
· 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
· 1 c. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
· Vinaigrette dressing, bottled or homemade (we used a Honey Mustard Vinaigrette)
1. Wash and dry the lettuces. Finely chop until the lettuce is in small pieces. Put in a large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except dressing, and toss to combine well.
3. Serve dressing along side the salad or pour on and combine just before serving.
It would definitely be hearty enough to make a complete meal.